dijous, 12 de maig del 2016

All Writings

Writing an informal email

Hi Kelly

How are you? What have you been doing since we last met? I've been getting involved in an animal shelter.

I used to think that the shelters were bad for animals, but I decided to go along to a meeting anyway. I'm glad I did because it made a real impression on me! We meet twice a week to plan things which will make a difference to the abandoned dogs' life. We've just finished organizing our plan to help the abandoned animals and it's been a big success, so I'm really pleased.

Has that ever happaned to you? I mean, have you had an opinion about something but then you get involved in it and change your mind? It happaned to me! And I feel much more outgoing and confidence now.

Anyway, I've got to go now, otherwise I'll be late for our next meeting. Keep in touch!

Mariona


Formal letter 

Agatha Road
Warwick
CV5 2XS




Computers and more
267 Dean Street
W1D 5RS

Wednesday 10th November


Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to complain about your new computer model which I purchased online, last week, from your website. The description online claims that the computer was new and in a good condition. Unfortunately, this description is totally inaccurate.

In the first place, the computer was completely broken when it arrived. I had bought the computer because it was the new model on the market. But when it arrived I realised that the computer was an old model, which makes me feel so angry.

Secondly, the computer set label says it should contain the computer and one computer charger, but there was only the computer. This means I am not going to be able to use the computer, which is really frustrating.

As a result, this product is really not the same one that you advertise, and I am enclosing the set with this letter and I would appreciate a full refund. I look forward to receiving it in the near future.

Yours faithfully


Mariona Ramírez. 




What makes a good friend?

A good friend is supportive when I feel down, is truthful enough to tell me the worst things, when everybody else keeps quiet!. A good friend tells you the truth even it hurts, and also is outgoint and enjoys hanging out with you.


My last summer

Hi, today I'm going to talk about my last sumer 2015. First of all I'm going to talk about my japanese course of summer, second I'm going to talk about my trip to Palma de Mallorca, and finally, I'm going to explain my 11th of September, or 11S.

Well, when I finished the school in June, I started going to my Japanese summer classes. I went to my academy every week until the 15th of July, when I finished it. I learnt a lot of new things and of course my teacher left me a lot of homework to do during the rest of the summer.


In the rest of July I didn't do anything special, although, I spent a few weeks in my grandparents' house and I helped them in their work, as always. Also I went to Port de la Selva with my friend Judit, for a couple of days.


In the second week of August our friends Carles, Mercè, Judit, my family and I, we made a trip to Palma de Mallorca. We rent a house for a week in a beautiful place called Can Pica Fort. We visited a lot of places like 'Les coves del drac', 'Cala del gat', Santa Margalida and others.


Finally when the trip to Palma de Mallorca ended, I stayed in Banyoles for a couple of weeks and I finished all my homework. In 11 of September my family, my grandparents and our friends, Carles, Judit and Mercè went to Barcelona. It was one of my favourite days in the holidays.

And that was my last summer, I hope you enjoyed it, bye.


What things have improved my english?

My english has been getting better since I started to watch videos on youtube. Most of them are in english so I practise a lot every day. I think that watching videos in english really improves your level. But watching brutisía those videos doesn't make your english better at all, I mean it helps but it's not all you need to make it perfect. You also have to speak it everyday, even if you don't have anyone to talk with. You can always put in front of a mirror and talk to yourself, it sounds strange and creepy but it really makes your english better!




Ramírez de Cartagena, Mariona



My trip to Italy

Hi my name is Mariona and today I’m going to talk about my trip to Italy.

The first day we caught a bus and we went to the airport in Barcelona. There, we took our flight to Milano. Once we were in Italy, we got into a bus and we went to Sirmione. We ate our first 100% Italian pizza at one restaurant called Erica, and let me tell you... it was not that good. After that, we caught a bus with destination Verona. When we were there, we visited the famous Arena but we could not be able to visit the middle part of the monument where, a log time ago gladiators fought, because they were doing some constructions. The second day we went to Venecia and we visited the St Marco's Basilica and the Piazza San Marco. It was better than what I pictured, I'll never forget that beautiful monument. Although I visited Venecia years ago, everything surprised me as the first day! The third day in morining we took a train to Florence. When we were there, we went to our hotel called Maxims and we left our equipage. In the afternoon, we visited the beautiful city and we had free time to buy some souvenirs. The fourth day in the morning we visited the Uffizi Art Gallary. It was incredible to see those wonderful paintings! We also visited the Florence Cathedral and we had to go up 463 stairs! To be honest... it was exhausting but it was definitly worth it. The last day we went to Lucca and we visited the country. In the afternoon we went to Pisa and we visited the famous Leaning Tower, it was amazing! And of course, we took the famous photo 'holding' the Tower. In the night we took our flight to Barcelona and we finally arrived at home at 4:00 a.m! We were exhausted but this trip was fantastic because we had nice moments together and a lot of things that were fun too.


Writing a formal Email

Dear Editor

I am writing in response to an article I came across in Monday's edition of your newspaper. I was disappointed to read comments stating that travelling by train is a thing of the past and that we should destroy train stations. As a traveller who is always taking the train in the morning, I would like to point out the benefits of travelling by train.


Firstly, there is the obvious advantage of travelling faster than you normally would do by car, but that is not the only thing. Travelling by train also makes you feel awake and also makes you feel in peace with the nature.

And finally, train causes less pollution leham heam   than car and buses does. I therefore suggest you think carefully before printing such comments.


Kind regrads,

Mariona Ramírez


Writing a formal letter

Dear Mr O'Toole,

Thank you for your information about hiring a Thames River Boat. I would like to make a reservation for 10 people and I enclose a cheque of 25€. I would like to have a musician. Could you please let me know the cost of this?

Two of the guests are vegetarians and they will need the vegetarian menu. My full name is: Mariona Ramírez de Cartagena I Fuentes and my adress is: Cr Ameller 26-30.

I look forward to hearing from you.


Regards.



Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada